The Gold Standard
World of Children® Award, often referred to as the Nobel Prize© for Child Advocates, provides funding and recognition to support life-changing work for children. By discovering and elevating only the most effective changemakers for children worldwide, World of Children Award sets the gold standard in child advocacy.
- It’s a Hard Life for Children in Rwanda, But There’s Hope in Their Eyes (April 11, 2014) - Co-Founders Harry Leibowitz and Kay Isaacson-Leibowitz recently returned from their trip to Rwanda. While they were reminded of the many struggles children in Rwanda face, they couldn’t help but notice the hope each one has. Read Harry’s reflection piece featured on the Huffington Post.
- On 20th Anniversary of Rwandan Genocide, Remembering Isn’t Enough (April 2, 2014) - In an article featured on the Huffington Post, Co-Founder Harry Leibowitz reflects on the 20th Anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide and says remembering isn’t enough.
- Global Call for Nominations Echoed by Leading Philanthropists (February 5, 2014) - Caryl Stern joins World of Children Award’s Board of Governors in asking the public to assist in the 2014 search for Honorees who are best serving the needs of children worldwide.
- World of Children Award Issues 2014 Global Call for Nominations (January 9, 2014) - World of Children® Award encourages leaders of child-serving organizations to apply for 2014 Awards and receive grants of up to $50,000.
Electronic Press Kit
For Media Inquiries
The Power of a
World of Children Award
Our Honorees’ Continued Success
- Jumana Odeh receives the AIDEX “Huanitarian Hero of the Year” award. Read more>>
- Benoit Duchateau-Arminjon is the 2013 Impact Award Winner for Education in Asia-Pacific from STARS Foundation. Read more>>
- Douglas Maclagan is a 2013 Impact Award Winner for Education in Asia-Pacific from STARS Foundation. Read more>>