About the Youth Award
$25,000 Minimum Grant
The Youth Award recognizes a young person under the age of 21 who has made significant contributions in the lives of other children. Our Award honors this young leader at an annual Awards Ceremony and grants them funds to elevate their work.
Ultimately, our Award helps extraordinary young people expand their impact and ensure more children’s lives are touched, improved and changed forever.
Youth Award Honorees are visionary young leaders who run sustainable, high-impact programs for children. He or she is dedicated to serving the needs of children, regardless of political, religious or geographic boundaries. Youth Award Honorees aspire to be lifelong child advocates: they intend to continue creating change for children throughout his or her life.
Youth Award Requirements
Please ensure your nominee meets the following requirements before submitting a nomination.
- Nominee must be the founder of an existing nonprofit in good standing that can receive grant funds if Awarded.
- Nominee must be under the age of 21 by the submission deadline
- Nominee must have been doing this work for a minimum of 3 years
- Nominee must be available to attend the 2014 Awards Ceremony in New York City on November 6, 2014.
- January 1, 2014 – Nominations open online
- April 1, 2014 (at 11:59 PST) – Nominations close
- April – August 2014 – Review and investigative process
- Mid-August 2014 – All finalists notified
- November 6, 2014 – Annual Awards Ceremony in New York City
Previous Youth Award Recipients
Click on an image below to read about just a few previous recipients of the World of Children Youth Award. To see a list of all past Honorees, click here.
Reverse the Course
Jaylens Challenge Foundation, Inc.
The Sparkle Effect
The Chaeli Campaign
Just Yell Fire
All Youth Award Honorees*
- Mary Grace Henry - Reverse The Course - 2014
- Jaylen Arnold - Jaylens Challenge Foundation, Inc. - 2014
- Sarah Cronk - The Sparkle Effect, Inc. - 2013
- Michaela Mycroft - The Chaeli Campaign - 2013
- Kyle Weiss - FUNDaFIELD - 2012
- Dallas Jessup - Just Yell Fire - 2012
- Tatiana Grossman - Spread the Words - 2011
- Neha Gupta - Empower Orphans - 2011
- Luke Lancaster - Young Pioneers - 2011
- Jourdan Urbach - Concerts for a Cure - 2010
- Danielle Gram - Kids for Peace - 2010
- Jessica Markowitz - Richard's Rwanda - 2009
- Ashlee Smith - Ashlee's Toy Closet - 2009
- Darius Weems - Charley's Fund/Darius Goes West - 2008
- Talia Leman - RandomKid - 2008
- Meghan Pasricha - Global Youth H.E.L.P. Inc. - 2007
- Cheryl Perera - OneChild Network and Support Inc. - 2006
- Jordana Alter Confino - Girls Learn International - 2006
- Cristiano Fedrigo - Share a Bike Program - 2005
- Makenzie Snyder - Children to Children - 2004
- Dayro Javier Reyes Acosta - Columbia en el Corazon - 2003
- Ryan Hreljac - Ryan's Well Foundation - 2003
- Craig Kielburger - Free the Children - 2002, 2012
*Prior to 2010, the World of Children Youth Award was called the "World of Children Founder's Award." Honorees before 2001 are not shown in this list.
We invite you to help us find the next Youth Award Honoree to join the many others who have received our Award. Nominations for our 2014 Awards are closed, but you can signup to receive a reminder to nominate someone for our 2015 Awards by clicking on the button below.